- November 2nd: Performance at S/W Sr. Ctr., 11:30 AM – 12:30 PM, 715 Pacific St, Sedro-Woolley
- November 10th: Meeting/Jam at Mt. Vernon Sr. Ctr., 6:30 PM – 9 PM, 1401 Cleveland
- November 13th: Performance at Creekside Retd., 2:00 PM, 400 Gilkey Rd, Burlington
- November 24th: Jam at Mt. Vernon Sr. Ctr., 6:30 PM – 9 PM, 1401 Cleveland
- The group enjoyed successful performances, notably at S/W Senior Center, LaConner Inn, Schuh Farms, Mountain Glen MB, and Mira Vista, where their music was well-received.
- Monthly Meeting at Mt Vernon Sr Center: Important discussions included topics such as increasing the suggested donation amounts for performances, deciding how to manage donated fiddles and T-shirts, and initiating efforts to establish a scholarship fund to support student musicians.
- The 2 x play and join rule passed to us from previous chair, do we want to continue that rule?
- Do we want to raise our suggested donation from $50.00 to $ 75.00, or $100.00, it has been at $ 50.00 for a long time?
- Suggested donations will increase to $75 in January
- Goal is to build the Scholarship / Student Fiddle / Instrument fund to a point that District 4 can support a student for at least 1 year of lessons
- What to do with the Fiddles, and t shirts gifted to us?
- Is the Calendar and emails sufficient for reminders; is it better or necessary to get phone numbers to text; would it help our turn out?
- Election Month: Sirkku nominated Fred for the Chair position; Fred is willing to carry on as Interim Chair as we proceed for a time
- Once upon a time there were 8 leaders of the district, now there are 2. How many do we need?
- There was a heartfelt acknowledgment of Bruce McCormick’s passing. He was remembered for his musical contributions and the positive impact he had on the group. Details about memorial services were shared, including a memorial service at St Paul’s Episcopal Church in Mount Vernon on October 7th, 2023, at 2:00 PM, and a Celebration of Life at Shawn O’Donnell’s restaurant (the old Farmhouse Inn) at 4:00 PM on the same day.