Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Website structure ideas

In trying to make the site a touch easier to navigate, and also to incorporate more information, I have a concept in mind for the menu structure at the top.  This is just a suggestion, and some menus might not be able to be changed due to software limitations:

Home (no change)

Meetings and Events = Combine

Calendar
Board Meetings
District Meetings
Fiddle Camp / Workshop
Post Event

Membership – Combine navigation menu with My Account if possible? (may be limitations of software) If can combine, location should stay where "My Account" lives now - far right

My Dashboard (amins only)
Dashboard (amins only)
Add New “Refer a friend” with sharing link
“My District” – members in your district? Your district’s page?

My Account

My Profile
Pay My Dues
My Communication Preferences
My WOTFA Membership

Shop (no change)

Forums –  add direct links to topics below rules and guidelines

Forum Rules and Guidelines
Practice Techniques
Playing Advice
Music Theory
Sound Off
General Discussion
Membership
Ask the Board
Website Improvements and Suggestions

Officers (no change)

Links – Change to “Districts”, Move Workshop link to “Meetings and Events”

Overview (page should have general information about how districts function, map of districts)
One Page for each district – each one should have an overview of where the meetings are, when their meetings are, who their chairman and other officers are.  Any posts that are tagged with the district would show on their district page.
District 1 (inactive)
District 2
District 3
District 4
District 5
District 6
District 7 (inactive)
District 8
District 9
District 10
District 11
District 12
District 15
District 16
District 99 (out of state members)

News (New Menu to get to posts easier)

Current month’s Newsletter
Newsletter Archives
Top Stories
From the President
All Posts (list in date order with most recent at the top)

Committees (no change)

Contest Rules Committee
Membership Dues Committee
Workshop Committee

Tunes

Tune of the Month (most recent)
Tune Library

Sorry for the late response.  I just noticed that this had been posted.  I will take a look at some of your suggestions.  We may be able to accommodate some if not all of them.  Thank you for taking the time to review this.

Just to let you know, the districts need to set up their own web pages.  I am always happy to assist, but, don't have the time to do them all.

Could I help out by creating a starting page?

That is already done.  Thank you though.

I have made the changes you suggested to the menu.  Please take a look at it and let me know if this works better for you.

I think this looks terrific!  At least to me, much of it makes more sense.  Thank you for taking the time to help with the organization!

I love the new tune of the month page layout - with the previous months on the side!